These Are Interesting Times For Mobile Industry In India !
Mobile Number Portability Deadline is here Oct 31. The share of the top telecom companies maybe redefined. But the overall Top firms will continue to cumulatively hold the lion’s share. Will the subscriber leave a top 3 carrier and move to a new carrier? What will be the top 3 carrier’s strategy? Interesting discussions for next MoMo !
The 3G Countdown Begins….
– Tata Docomo has started its marketing blitz for the 3G Launch this Diwali.
– Vodafone plans to launch its 3G services in Q1 2011.
– Reliance, MTNL and BSNL already offer 3G Services but PSUs have not milked its unique advantage to the extent it should have.
Mobile Handset Market Share Being Redefined
– Nokia’s market share is down from 50+ % to about 32% or so. Though Nokia disputes IDC numbers, there is no denying that Nokia has been seeing reduction in mind-share to smartphones.
– Indian OEMs continue to increase their volumes. Micromax makes very impressive strides.
– Newer, Better, Fully Loaded Handsets Are Being Launched At Both Ends Of The Spectrum.
Thriving Mobile App Industry
Indian Developers Are Designing Cooler And Innovative Apps Across The Board. More and more professionals are gaining exposure and experience on Mobile software across back-end as well as client applications. The need for mobile developers is higher than ever before and the companies are training their cadres for future growth.
The Discrepancy Between Apple’s Market Share, Mind Share and Application Share is being corrected. Android has zoomed ahead of iPhone in US.