1. Smart Mobility will continue to increase its influence over daily life. Service schedules, ordering groceries, controlling appliances, school updates, managing finances – mobile will influence our lives in versatile ways.
2. Enterprise Apps and Platforms will mature as CIO drive “Mobile First” strategies. Mobile Application Programs will manage scalability, security and analytics amongst the portfolio of enterprise apps.
3. The world is becoming mobile-centric and app centric. Amongst plethora of Apps, apps with simplicity, refreshing clean UI and intelligent context will emerge as true winners.
4. The smartphones pecking order will change. Xiaomi has already broken into Top 5 smartphone sales. Samsung will be challenged. Rise of niche phones and purpose-driven phones. Flexible displays.
5. Local Language Apps and Specialist App Stores will be the next big thing. Curated App Stores and Curated Content will be the first call of the masses.
1. The Top 4 Enterprise IT spend areas for 2015 will be the same as last year: Mobility, Security, Cloud and Big Data (The Big Four)
2. Wearable Technologies will get a big boost with Apple Watch and several Health and Fitness trackers. The first versions are already out but the refined version will determine the direction for future. Basis is a smart evolution over initial watches.
3. Mobile Wallets will be a reality. Managing expenses, rich analytics, money recommendations – things what credit cards cannot do will be possible now!
4. Smart Cars, Smart Homes, Smart Offices, Smart Cities – Our world will driven by technology like never before. Even TVs and Passwords will move to next level – think Biometric passwords.
5. Big Data has been the over-used & over-heard term. But it is the technology that will impact our daily life. The world is generating and gathering data at a maddening pace. Tools, technologies & people around big data will be in big demand!
6. Industrialization of Innovation for everyday and human challenges will matter more. Like waterless toilets, quick housing materials etc. Like the “Le Chal” shoes by Anirudh Sharma – shoes that use haptic signals and Google Maps to guide the visually impaired people. Can these innovations achieve success like Narayana Hridalalaya or Arvind Eye Hospital? IT Giants need to help them.
7. Innovations and business models from East will inspire West and Tech world.
8. Data Scientists, Data Architects, Mobile App Developers, Social Media Specialists, Business Analysts, UX visualizers, Mobile Testers – Top Job roles that will be in demand!
Photo Credit:Anders Adermark