Cinema is an integral part of our lives. Apart from enjoying movies with our dear ones over Popcorn Tubs, we learn, understand ourselves and cherish values. Cinema is our passport to the great culture, principles and living of our brethren across the globe. Cinema is a unifier. It is a celebration of human endeavor and spirit.
One of the things I missed the most in Ahmedabad was world-class cinema and special screenings of foreign movies. I had to feed my hunger for quality cinema through DVDs. But my dear friend Shiladitya Bora was a beacon of hope for discerning movie fanatics in Ahmedabad. He clubbed his passion with organizational expertise and brought the First Short Films Festival, International Film Festival and the weekly movie screening through Sunset Boulevard. Of course, there will be a movie on the struggles and times of Shila to make this Film Festival and Film Culture a reality !
And finally the new avatar of Film Festival is here – The International Film Festival Ahmedabad.
Visit the Site www.ifilmfest.in for more details.
Let me share the quick overview:
– Gala Opening Ceremony on August 4, 2010 evening.
– Opening Film: Harishchandraschi Factory
– Special Screening of AISHA with Anil Kapoor, Sonam Kapoor, Cyrus Sahukar, Lisa Haydon & Ira Dubey
– Film Appreciation workshop by Kuhu Tanvir, India Editor of WideScreen Journal.
– Filmmaking workshop in association with Whistling Woods International by Anjum Rajabali & Somanth Sen
– Special screening of The White Elephant with Mr. Aijaz Khan, Piyush Mishra, Tannishtha Chatterjee, Prashant Narayanan
– An exhibition of rare film posters & show cards of past 50 years.
– Best of National Institute of Design(NID) Live Action & Animation Short Films
– Best of Whistling Woods International Short Film Package
– Best of World Cinema
-Independent Feature Film competition
– 23 award winning film screenings across 5 days at PVR Cinemas, Acropolis Mall, the festival venue.
Check The Video Report on the last year’s festival: