The Year-End time is a time to look back the best of 2012. 2012 was a year that saw more Bollywood movies hitting the ‘100-Crore Club’, better movies where ‘commerce met creativity’ and overall emphasis on ‘quality over quantity’.
Everyone has their own choice of the best movies. Here is my list of the best movies of 2012:
1. Kahaani – Vidya Balan’s class act, superb direction, wonderful music, real Kolkata, best supporting cast !
2. Vicky Donor – Script is king, wonderful debut, Paani Da, Annu Kapoor, saas-bahu pegs – victorious sperm !
3. Paan Singh Tomar – Irrfan Khan, Tigmanshu’s wonderful direction, real movie, superlative performances
4. Gangs Of Wasseypur – Ensemble cast, India’s Godfather Saga, true to earth movie, I Am A Hunter, Manoj & Nawaz & Women & Guns
5. English Vinglish – Beautiful and simple story, Sridevi, movie with a heart !
6. Shanghai – Emraan and Abhay’s class act, strong plot, Bharatmata Ki Jay !
7. Oh My God – Paresh Rawal, Great Direction, wonderful plot, Modern Krishna, low on finesse but high on concept movie !
8. Ek Main Aur Ek Tu – Sweet RomCom, Imran-Kareena Chemistry !
9. Agneepath – Hard core commercial cinema, Hrithik, Rishi Kapoor’s villainous act, Sanjay Dutt – fusion of original and remix done in style
10. Talaash / Barfi – Both were good movies. Both could have been greater movies !
My list excludes Ek Tha Tiger Jab Tak Hai Jaan, Rowdy Rathore, Housefull 2, Dabangg 2, Son of Sardar – which are great movies as they have delivered the moolah to the industry – that same moolah helps the industry. No taking away anything from them – they are winners as well!